Saturday, September 20, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Dip & Toasted Parmesan Dippers (Talley Farms Box!!!)

Wow! Where have I been? Right?! I am soooooooooooo sorry. Please forgive me!

I have so many posts piling up that need to get to you guys! And I WILL get them out ASAP!

Last thursday, the boyfriend and I took a last quick trip home to Salinas, CA (Monterey Bay).


Yes we took our baby with us. We found out Shay doesn't like crashing waves. We will have to work on that, seeing as our home town is near the ocean and so is our current living situation. As you can tell she liked it from afar. 


While in the neighborhood, I could not resist stopping by my old stomping grounds in Monterey! Paris Bakery. I worked here while attending  and playing softball for my Community College in Monterey for 2 years. 


If you are ever in the neck of the woods, you MUST stop by and have a fresh Almond Croissant for me! So oohey and gooey and filled with almond deliciousness. 

 

Now for last weeks Talley Farms Fresh Harvest Box that I picked up a little before we headed out of town. The veggies were gorgeous like always!!!! And I was so excited for those beautiful heirloom tomatoes again! 

Want to know what was inside? Check it out!

2lbs Anthony Vineyards Red Seedless Grapes 
(These came right into the car with us for our trip home, and never had a chance, so sweet and crisp! Let's just say they were devoured.)
1 lb Heirloom Tomatoes
5 ears Bi-Color Corn
Red Leaf Lettuce
1 lb Brussel Sprouts
Beautiful Orange Carrots
2 Avocados
1 Basil Plant
Gorgeous Gold Beets
Cilantro
Green Curly Kale

If you live in the area (San Luis Obispo County, CA) I HIGHLY recommend this produce box!

On another note, who has been watching the NFL?! A TON of upsets?! What the heck! Screwing up my RedZone Challenge picks. So why not indulge in something delicious while I watch my points disappear. 

That's right, how can you resist a piping hot ramekin of spinach artichoke dip with some toasted parmesan dippers on the side! 



You will need:
8oz Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Mayonnaise 
1/2 cup Italian Cheese Blend, Shredded
1/2 cup Mozzarella, Shredded
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 can Artichoke Hearts, Drained and Rinsed
1 cup Spinach, chopped 
(Fresh or Frozen and Thawed)

1 Baguette
Freshly grated Parmesan


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, italian cheese blend, 1/4 cup mozzarella and spices.
Fold in spinach and artichoke hearts. 
Scoop mixture into casserole dish or ramekins.
Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top.
Bake 25 mins.


While you wait for it to cool a tad bit, adjust your oven to a low broil.
Cut baguette into slices and grate parmesan on top. 
Broil until golden brown and serve with dip!


Bon Appétit!

Xoxo

Megan-Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment