Saturday, September 6, 2014

Baked French Toast Bites

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

The morning dew is rolling in, the sun is starting to peek through, my garden is thriving and we are hungry!

Today is an exciting day because you will be having breakfast, lunch and dinner with me! And... A peek at my garden!

So, the rare days that my boyfriend and I both have the same day off, I like to make us breakfast. And he loves my French toast. So I thought I would take a spin on stove top and baked French toast!

I bought this delicious loaf of bread last Thursday at the farmers market:


Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread from my local bread store: House of Bread. It has cubed apples and cinnamon sugar folder inside and roped with a icing drizzle. They have a delicious Cinnamon Swirl (I all it cinnamon roll because it's basically that just in bread form), Hallah, Brioche, Berry Crumble Bread, you name it they have it! 

Anyways, I only got through half of it in the past week. So it's perfect for our breakfast! And my boyfriend loves apple pie and this bread is pretty dang close to it. 

Let's get started shall we?!


You Will Need:
1/2 loaf of leftover bread, cut into cubes 
(brioche or French bread would be ideal for this but anything you have will do just fine)
1 1/4 cup milk
3 eggs
5 tsp sugar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter, cubed


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


Lightly Butter a casserole dish and placed cubed bread inside of it.


Next, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, 2 tsps of sugar and 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Pour this mixture over your bread and press down on bread cubes to help soak up the milk mixture. Top with cubed butter. 


Mix together the remaining 3 tsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top and bake for 30-45 mins or until milk mixture is set. 


Portion out and sprinkle with powdered sugar, or a drizzle of maple syrup or just by itself! 


I hope this makes your morning a little bit sweeter! 

Stay tuned for the rest of my day in meals! 

Xoxo

Megan-Noelle


No comments:

Post a Comment