Friday, August 29, 2014

Garden Stuffed Bell Peppers / Talley Farms Fresh Harvest Box Week 3

Don't exit this post! I promise you this doesn't taste healthy or vegetarian at all.

It's just an awesome spin on your typical, pork sausage or ground beef stuffed Bell Peppers.

This is so good, you won't be missing the meat at all!

Also, this weeks Talley Farms Fresh Harvest Box is an exciting one!




This weeks box included:
2 Avocados
1lb Pluots
Green Kale
Romaine Lettuce
2lb Valencia Oranges
1 Pint Mini Bell Peppers
1 Pint Blackberries
1lb Yellow Wax Beans
2 Lemons
5 Bi-Color Corn
1lb Heirloom Tomatoes
Green Onions (THEY'RE GIANT)

and an added bonus
2 Artichokes!!!


I cannot wait to use these Yellow Wax beans!! They are so gorgeous!


And these Heirloom tomatoes?! Don't even get me started! They are so awe dropping that they don't even look real! I wish I had more than two of these!!!


** Quick tip. To make your green onions last longer immerse the roots in water and make a centerpiece out of them! They stay gorgeous much longer and prevent shrinking this way.


Let's get started, shall we?!



You will need:
2 Large Bell Peppers (Talley Farm Box)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Onions, Chopped (Talley Farms Box)
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Zucchini
1 Small Bell Pepper, diced
(I used my pint of mini Bell Peppers from Talley Farms Box)
1 Roma Tomato
(I used 3 mini tomatoes I picked from my boyfriends' Grandpas' Tomato Plant, they are so delicious, I also used a left over yellow tomato I had)
1/3 cup Sliced Almonds, Toasted
1/3 cup Golden Raisins
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Basil, Chopped 
(Fresh and home grown from my garden I will show you tomorrow!)
1/4 tsp dried Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan, Grated


Let's get started! 

Put 2 1/2 cups of ice in a bowl and set aside as you cut all your veggies.

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.

Cut Bell Peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and cut out inner stem but keep outer stem to help hold the filling in. 

When the water has started to boil add the bell peppers. (You may have to do 2 batches) Let them cook for 2 mins. Quickly transfer them to the now, ice water. When the peppers are completely cooled down lay them out on a towel to absorb all the excess water. 


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, chopped onions and garlic and cook until golden brown and begin to caramelize. 

To this, add the tomatoes, zucchini and chopped bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 mins. 

Remove from burner and add toasted almonds, raisins, basil and rosemary.

Fill the bell peppers with this filling, place in a casserole dish.


Bake for 20-25 mins.  


Sprinkle parmesan on top and bake for an additional 5 mins.


Bon Appetit!

Xoxo,

Megan-Noelle



1 comment:

  1. I cooked this last night, and it was absolutely incredible. Thank you so much! We had a great dinner because of you :)

    ReplyDelete