Saturday, August 9, 2014

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia and Panzanella Salad

Let me tell you about a place I got to call home for a few weeks last year.

Colorado.








Never does a day go by that I don't miss that place. The place where I met an amazing family and had the time of my life.



I set out to Colorado with my dad to be a part of an amazing event, Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. On the way I met so many people that I will never forget and saw so many things that still seem to this day, so unreal.



While staying with such an amazing family, I was introduced to such delicious food. One thing that stuck with me was a "bread salad". Yes bear with me, sounds odd but oh so delicious at the same time. The woman that made this for me is a god sent in the kitchen. And don't even get me started on her kitchen. It is my dream kitchen!

 I will one day have her recipe (and her kitchen) in my hands and pass it down to many generations to come.

Yes it is that good!

But... Until then I made a little variation of my own, and it turned out delicious in its own way.

Lets get started shall we?

You will need:

Crusty Bread (About 6-8 cups)
8 Tomatoes, chopped 
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1 cup Basil, hand torn
2/3 cup Olive Oil
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Capers
Salt
Pepper

I cut my recipe in half today since it was just me eating this deliciously scrumptious salad. 
ALL FOR MYSELF!

Also I had grape tomatoes on hand so I just used the equivalent in weight and sliced them in half.


This is a great recipe for those fresh loaves of bread you buy at the store and don't finish that night. You know what I'm talking about. The next day it is hard as rock. Yup thats perfect for this recipe.
I also love to make croutons with them. But thats for another day.

You will start by cubing your bread and then throwing it onto a baking sheet.
Set your oven to a LOW BROIL, and broil for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and toasty.


Just like this. :) Perfecto!


Next cut all your veggies and mix Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt and Pepper to taste.


Mix your crusty bread and Veggies together.
Toss Salad with dressing.
Easy right?! Just wait until you taste it!


I had some Tilapia in the fridge I picked up at the store the other day and thought this would pair perfectly with my salad. And boy was I right!

For the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia you will need:

3/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 teaspoons Paprika
1 tablespoon Parsley, Chopped
1 lb Tilapia
1 Lemon, cut into wedges

(Again since it was dinner for one I cut this is half)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Mix together parmesan, paprika and parsley in a shallow dish.

Drizzle Tilapia with olive oil and dredge in the dry mixture to crust it.


It should look like so....


Bake for 10-12 mins.

Squeeze a lemon wedge or two onto this beauty and bon appetit!


The tilapia recipe I found in one of my really old Everyday Rachael Ray Magazines and can be found by clicking the link:)

Thats all for today fellow food lovers.

xoxo

Megan-Noelle

Panzanella:

-Crusty Bread (About 6-8 cups)
-8 Tomatoes, chopped 
-1/2 Red Onion, diced
-1 cup Basil, hand torn
-2/3 cup Olive Oil
-1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
-1/4 cup Capers
-Salt
-Pepper

Cut bread into cubes and broil on Low for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.

Mix veggies with bread. Combine Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt and Pepper. 

Dress Salad and Toss!

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia:

-3/4 cup Parmesan, grated
-2 tsp Paprika
-1 TB Parsley, Chopped
-1 lb Tilapia
-1 Lemon, cut into wedges

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a Shallow dish combine cheese, paprika and parsley salt and pepper.

Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge fish into dry mixture to form a crust.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. 

Serve with lemon wedges.







No comments:

Post a Comment