Thursday, August 7, 2014

Talley Farm's Fresh Harvest Box

Hi everyone!

I don't know how many times I have wanted to start this blog but just never got around to it. And then many friends and family members asking why I have not started a blog yet.

Well, EVERYONE, HERE IT IS!

Bear with me though for the next few weeks as I get the hang of this whole BLOG thing. I follow so many cooking and baking blogs, but when it comes to my own I am truly oblivious. Anyways, enough with my babble.

I hope this blog will be a start to an amazing food journey for you all!

So here I go!

Since moving to California's Central Coast, San Luis Obispo County, my eyes have been open (wide open) to all things local. Buying local produce, meat, dairy, you name it, it's here. And it truly a foodie heaven! I recently have been hooked on an online farmers market called Farmgram, where you could choose from local produce, bread, dairy, snacks, condiments, you name it, and purchase it to be delivered. Amazing right?! Well, this week I decided to try out a local farm Talley Farms, who puts together a box every week of in season produce, and drop them off for pick up at different locations.

And I have to say, this foodie is quite pleased with her first box.



Drum Roll Please.....


Love at first sight. Right?! Almost as good as going to a farm and picking it yourself.
(Almost).



The contents of this weeks box:


2 Lbs Homegrown Organics organically grown Pluots 
5 Ears Talley Farms Bi Color, non GMO Corn 
2 Talley Farms Avocados
3 Lbs Varian Ranch Valencia Oranges 
1 Lb Talley Farms organically grown French Beans 
Talley Farms organically grown Red Leaf Lettuce
Beachside Farms Cauliflower
5 Talley Farms organically grown Lemon Cucumbers
Talley Farms Spinach
3 Talley Farms organically grown Lemons
Talley Farms organically grown Purple Radishes 

If you live in the Central Coast I highly recommend you try this out. Its $26 per box and there are different types of subscriptions! I have the website linked above.

One of the reasons I love these programs is because it gives me a chance to try new things and experiment with ingredients new to me. 

I have so many things in mind for this box these next few days, so stayed tuned for recipes!


Until then, sweet dreams fellow food lovers.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so, so happy and proud of you for finally deciding to give this a try. I have no doubt that you will absolutely do great at this...xoxo

    ReplyDelete