Sunday, August 10, 2014

Spanish Cauliflower Salad

Don't close this window!

I know what you are thinking... Cauliflower salad?! EW!

TRUST ME!

It's worth a try.

I am trying to catch up on all my Food Network, Bon Appetit, and Rachael Ray Magazines. As I was reading my June Issue of Food Network, I stumbled upon and awesome booklet called "50 Picnic Salads". So, I have decided to cook my way through 31 of the 50 Salads I highlighted (well, actually I put a cute black heart next them) and take you guys along with me.

Yes, this Spanish Cauliflower Salad is one of the CHOSEN ONES.

Let's get started.

Once again, I'm the only fancy salad eater in my household, so I cut the recipe in half which will last me dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.  If I am packing lunches for the week for work then I would go ahead and make a full recipe and stretch it for 5 days in tupperware.

Halved Recipe

You will need:
1 head of Cauliflower *
*(Thanks to my Tally Farms Fresh Harvest Box)
Olive Oil
Salt 
3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika

7.5 oz (Half of a 15 oz can) Chickpeas, Rinsed
1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
1/4 cup Red, Orange or Yellow Bell Peppers, Chopped
(The original recipe calls for piquillo peppers but I had no luck finding them, BOO!)
1 1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
(The original recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon of Sherry Vinegar which I did not have)
1 TB Olive Oil


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


I get to finally open this baby! It has been sitting in my cabinet since February when my grocery store had a big sale on spices and I HAD TO GRAB THIS. I love paprika as is but the smokey flavor this has is out of this world. LOVEEEEE IT! 
If you don't have smoked paprika regular paprika will do just fine.


Now separate your head of cauliflower into little florets drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt and smoked paprika. Transfer onto a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes.


They get nice and toasty:)


In the meantime cut up chop the parsley and bell peppers and rinse the chickpeas and combine with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, red wine vinegar and a tad bit of salt.


When cauliflower has cooled mix into the mixture above and serve!


Now enjoy! You won't regret it:)

(P.s. I had my leftover Panzanella from last night for lunch today and it was oh so delicious still, just thought I would share)

Good night fellow food lovers.

xoxo 

Megan-Noelle

Adapted from Food Network Magazine June 2014 
Spanish Cauliflower Salad:

1 head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
Olive Oil
Salt (to taste)
3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika

7.5 oz Chickpeas, Rinsed
1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
1/4 cup Bell Peppers, Chopped
1 1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 TB Olive Oil
Salt (to taste)

-Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

-Drizzle Cauliflower with olive oil and toss with salt and smoked paprika. Transfer to a cookie sheet and roast for 20 mins. Set aside and let cool.

-Toss together chickpeas, parsley, bell peppers, balsamic, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt.

-When cauliflower is cool add to mixture above.

Bon Appetit!




1 comment:

  1. This sounds and looks so delicious. Great pictures. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete